It’s almost June! Your kids are out of school and the family vacation that you have been planning all year is finally going to happen. Whether this trip is only 100 miles or 1,000 miles away, before you leave it is a good idea to make sure your vehicle is properly maintenanced. Shockley Honda’s Service Manager, Gail Sterling has a few tips and convenient ways for you to check this item off your list before your summer travels begin.
- We Service ALL Makes and Models and are open from 7 am – 9 pm Monday – Friday and 7 am – 5 pm on Saturday for your convenience.
- Schedule your appointment online by clicking here – just three simple steps that only take a few minutes.
- We offer a complimentary 27 point Multipoint inspection that includes checking the condition of all fluids and filters along with the tires and brakes.
- Gail also recommends having a tire rotation every other time you have your oil change.
TIP: Over inflated or under inflated tires cause uneven tire wear which can lessen fuel economy. You can pull into the Shockley Honda Service lane anytime during business hours to have your tire pressure checked.
- Cabin air/pollen filter.
TIP: We recommend having your cabin air/pollen filter replaced every 15,000 miles, or yearly if necessary. A clogged filter reduces the efficiency of the heating and cooling system for the vehicle interior. A clogged filter can cause a major window fogging. This condition will cause your blower motor to work harder and likely burn out prematurely.
- Air Filter Check
TIP: Your engine sucks 14 million gallons of air through the air filter every year. If it cannot get enough air, the combustion efficiency will drop by at least 10%. This will rob you of needed performance and cost you money at the pump.
- Lastly, Lube, Oil and Filter Change
Once you have had summer maintenance on your vehicle completed you should have a stress free trip. Unless your children get restless, but there is not much we can do to help you with that. Lessen your stress by bring your vehicle in to Shockley Honda. We wish you a safe and relaxing vacation this summer.
Oh… and when you return from vacation and your vehicle is full of sand, Cheetos and Cheerios, return to Shockley for one of our Detail Packages ranging from $24.95 – $149.99. We’ll have your vehicle next to new in no time!